Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Spring birds #1

Rather than share another card (wedding cards that I made a few weeks ago) I decided to share some of my photographs from this spring.  I had mentioned a few weeks ago that Bill is teaching me how to process my pictures.  It's not easy, and lots to learn, but slowly getting there. 

The first 4 pictures were taken at Pt Pelee National Park in May. Love these warblers, but they are very hard to photograph as they never sit still. So lots of pictures are taken but good thing for digital as you can just delete the bad ones!

(click on the picture to enlarge)


The next two were taken up north as this is where more of them head for breeding. Bill and I took a day trip up just south of Tobermory ON (4.5 hrs each way) and we did this in a day. Let around 3:30am and left to come home around 4 pm.  It's a long day but so worth it.  I took many more pictures up there but just don't have them all processed yet. One of my favourites was this cute little wren. I have the wrong name on the border which I need to change. This is actually a house wren not a winter wren.

Hope you enjoyed these.  I'll have more soon to share.
Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Well, you know how I feel about the bird pics, and these are a delight to see this afternoon as I'm watching the weather channel and seeing the ridiculous temps all across Europe now. What the heck? I worry about our planet and all the critters, such as these sweet little birds, who don't have air conditioning to escape to. So far it's still comfortable here on the Oregon coast. Pauline, you're doing an amazing job with your photography. Bill is a good teacher! Thanks so much!

Ros Crawford said...

They are adorable!! Beautiful photos! TFS