Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, July 19, 2019

Masculine thanks

I have 2 cards to share with you today.  Nothing special, just working on some extra cards for my basket. I'm trying to work on cards that I don't already have or cards where I've been asked if I have them and usually don't.

I made a couple of masculine thank you cards.  Love how quickly these worked up.

For my first card was so simple, just one die and cardstock.  I saw a card like this made by Laura Bassen over on the Simon Says blog last year.  The triangle die is from SSS - stripes card wrap (SSSD111781). I used coordinating papers from Papertrey Ink and SU.  Thanks (SSS - Big Thanks Words) was embossed with white EP onto some black cardstock then trimmed.  I added some enamel dots to finish this off.





For my second card, I started with some watercolour paper, added a couple of sprinkles of  Nuvo shimmer powder - golden sparkler, then spritzed with water.  This powder has gold mica powder in it so has a lot of shimmer, just gorgeous.  I then used MFT wonky rectangle die to cut it out, layered it onto some gold shimmer c/s then SU navy cardstock for the base.

The triangle layer on top is from SSS - stacked diamonds.  I cut this from cream flecked c/s, also cut it from some of the scraps left over from the background once I trimmed it down, so I could use the diamond centers to fill back in here and there.  The 'thanks' was cut from SSS die using navy c/s.  I cut this 3 times then adhered them together. To finish off  I added some enamel dots as well.


Well that's it for me.  I'm off today, good thing because it is suppose to reach 91F feeling like 115F with the humidex. and for Saturday too. Way too hot for outside, but have lots to do inside (like making cards - wink!)

Thanks for visiting, wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Pauline



3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, I absolutely LOVE these cards! You're so good at masculine cards. We all complain about making them, but yours are always so interesting and beautifully designed. The design on the first card is so COOL with the triangles and colors! I rarely remember to try anything I've bookmarked, yet you remembered this from a year ago! The second card is simply beautiful to look at. The gentle earthy colors -- all that from the Golden Sparkler Nuvo Shimmer Powder? Fantastic! Perfect with the diamond pattern and a few of them filled in. I love it so much! Stay cool and enjoy your card making!

Darnell said...

Such stunning manly cards, Pauline! I particularly love the architectural feel of the first one in those lovely ombre hues and striking angles! And the second one has such a gorgeous warm free-flowing feel to it. Love how you built it up! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous!! I loved the card Laura made too and you did a perfect job with stunning colours. I adore the second card... Just love everything about it it's amazing!