Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Miraculous Mushrooms

Hello everyone! I hope you had a good week, and enjoying your weekend.  We are in the middle of another heat wave, temperatures today reached 106F, it's just too hot to be outside. 

This morning Bill and I ventured out early before the heat set in.  We hit some of our usual spots looking for some birds.  Although we are kind of early for the migration to begin, you just never know what pops up.  Today we saw a couple of hummingbirds, - captured a couple of nice shots, and of the house wren a well.  I hope to show you these shortly.

Today's card features one of the newest digital images released from Power Poppy called Miraculous Mushrooms.  My whole thought when I started to colour this image was to match it up with some mushroom image dp I had.  Once it was all coloured, the mushroom dp was just too busy, so I opt for another route.  Kept this 'masculine', as I never seem to have very many of these on hand.


I coloured the image with Copics.  I was very undecided as to how to cut out this image, I finally settled on the oval arch from MFT - (I don't think they sell this anymore). I left the die in place then sponged some antique linen lightly around the bottom edge.

Designer paper is from Echo Park - Reflection Fall & MME - Wood Designer Paper.  I added some twine around the middle and finished off with some wooden dots.  Image is popped up off the card.

I finally started to work on some Christmas cards!  Well, lets say I finished colouring one, now need to get that onto a card! Progress, progress!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You post, I sigh... How wonderful this is! I pulled out the clear set for coloring and then got side tracked, but I love all these mushrooms so much. It's awesome that Marcy released this one as a digi. Seeing this I'm inspired to get back to it. Bet that mushroom paper was cool, but it looks great with the plaid and wood grain, too. Nice and earthy. Love the arched die cut for it. The wooden dots and twine are perfect, too. Can't wait to see those Christmas cards or anything you create. Stay cool and stamp!

Ros Crawford said...

I just love mushroom images and this is wonderful but made spectacular with your beautiful colouring Pauline! Terrific card!

Tracy said...

Don't know what your original design would have looked like but this is fantastic. Perfectly masculine with all the warm tones. Can't wait to see your new pics.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is fabulous, and I love that it is just perfect for a masculine card! Your colors and coloring are perfect, and what perfect DP you've used! I really love the design with the arch top top and the twine. Wonderfully made, as always! Wow, you are having a heat wave. Everyone tells us they could never live in South Florida, but we never get more than about mid-90's at most. Another ten degrees and we would die! Hope it cools down some soon, and I will check out your recent bird photos. The one at the top of your blog now is exquisite! WOW, what beauty in the bird and the photograph! Hugs and love, and enjoy the weekend! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome masculine card I would agree! Those papers are warm and inviting. Fun sketch along with wonderful mushroom focus. Wonderful card. I do adore this set myself. :-)