Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, July 30, 2018

Deepest Sympathy

Hello everyone.  I'm back today to share another card for my stash.  I always find I go through sympathy cards, more than birthday cards, or so it seems.

Today's card is using a die from Creative Expressions  called - Frames & Tags - Chloe. When I first saw this die in the package right away if thought of a sympathy card.



I started by sponging some pink and green distress oxide ink onto some white c/s, large enough to fit behind the opening of the floral die cut.  I then cut the larges rectangle stitched frame  from white cardstock.  This made a perfect border for the frame.

The designer paper is a piece of scrap from my scrap bin.  I believe it is Basic Grey - Two Scoops.

The die also comes with a small flower cluster die with a couple different sizes of flowers, so from the left over of the background sponged c/s I cut a few flowers.  I sponged some darker pink around the edges of the flowers to make them pop a bit.  I adhered them to the flowers that were on the main die cut.  Small pearls were added to the frame to finish off.

The sentiment is from PTI stamped in black versafine.

I appreciate you visiting today, enjoy your day!

Pauline


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Beautiful die, lovely, soft colors, and so perfectly matched with the Two Scoops paper which has never looked this pretty in my hands. I have two pads of it -- bought one, was given the other. You have the most gorgeous dies. I sometimes get frustrated with intricately cut dies. Tried different machines, new cutting pads, even the metal plate and still have trouble after a few cuts, so mostly I stick to the plainer dies. Really love this, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I love how you have paper and ink blending there together it looks amazing and so clever to think of thet... I was wondering how you got that look! Fabulous card Pauline!

Tracy said...

So lovely Pauline. I wish I had your ability to look at dies and picture the perfect way to put them to work.