Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Romantic Bouquet

Hi there!  I hope your week is going well.  We are still in the middle of an extreme heat wave, temperatures in the high 90's feeling like over 100 with the humidex - just wicked!

Today's card came together fairly quickly, as there is only die cutting and embossing involved.




The floral background is embossed using Sizzix 3d embossing folder - Floral Blossom.  The top floral die cut is from Elizabeth Craft Designs  called Romantic Bouquet.  The paper behind this is made with inks.  I made this a while back when I was playing around with distress oxide inks, so not sure exactly what colour inks I used, but tI know I used yellow and pink tones.  I laid the die down on the paper and traced around it then cut it out and glued it to the back of the die cut.

I added some silk ribbon, prima flowers and pearls to finish this off.  I was going to add a sentiment to the front but didn't want to distract from the floral die cut.  This could be used for a wedding card,  or even a birthday.

Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, sooooooo beautiful! You do have an eye for it and always choose the most lovely dies. This one is ideal for showing off that sweet background, sigh. Love how it overlaps the gorgeous embossed white panel, and those three little flowers are just the right touch. Perfect ribbon choice, all fluffy with the pearl in the center, and it's a perfect match to the center mat. I'm all for having sentiment-free cards on hand for a variety of occasions that may pop up. This one would be wonderful for any female, or for a wedding or anniversary. Tastefully sublime!

Ros Crawford said...

What a gorgeous card!! LOVE the die cut and the colouring is so soft and beautiful! The addition of those tiny flowers is so clever and really makes everything pop!

Stacy Morgan said...

Sometimes the quick cards are just what I need. This is beautiful! I like the die cut focus and the CAS is wonderful. We have triple digits ourselves but a dry heat verse humid. Not sure which is better. ha! I might get to color today if the dog lets me. :-)

Tracy said...

sigh....this post has me over the moon. First of all you have my favorite bird on your banner and then that gorgeous card. The soft colors peeking through are so soothing and the combo of the die cut and embossing are in total harmony.

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty! I have this die on my desk top and need to use it! I hope I can make something as lovely as yours! :D