Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Enjoy today

Hello everyone!  Well I finally got around to taking pictures of a few cards I made.  Today's card is a card I made for Bill for his birthday a few weeks ago.  I really struggle with masculine cards, why are they so hard to make? What makes it even harder is I don't have a lot of 'masculine stamps'.  I have a few fishing images & digital, and a few scenery (and have already used them in the past), but this time I was looking for something that would represent Bill's hobby - photography.

When I was down at my local scrapbook store I saw that Kim just got in some papers from Alexandra Renke and there was a camera on one of them.  If you have never seen her stuff you need to google it. She has a lot of papers that have matching washi tape, which are just gorgeous! ( I have made and posted a few cards using both her papers and washi tape).

I purchased some papers then came home and literately threw this together as this was the night before his birthday by this time! I know hey, nothing like waiting until the last moment.

Anyway, here is my finished card.



I trimmed down the image and layered it onto a piece of black c/s,  stamped the sentiment (Penny Black snippets), then added some enamel dots.  I used Tim Holtz thinlet die to cut the green dp, then tore off along the one edge.

Background designer paper is from Bo Bunny, and the die I used for the green layer is from
Tim Holtz - Mix Media thinlits.

Once everything was adhered together I wrapped some twine around the top, and that's it!

Thanks for visiting today, back again real soon.  Have a wonderful day.

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

It's perfect! I'm sure he loved it!

Leslie Miller said...

Really? This couldn't be more perfect for Bill! You must have been delighted when you found it. It's wonderful that the camera was on the paper because you'll use the paper whereas you may not use a stamp as much. When they're real subject-specific they don't get pulled out as often. I, too, would like to know why masculine cards have to be so difficult, sigh... I see the bird paper in the background, too. Sheesh, seriously perfect! Looking forward to more of the cards you photographed!

Tracy said...

Couldn't be more perfect for the photographer extraordinaire. Great papers!