Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, June 11, 2018

Using up Remenants

Hello everyone, and Happy Monday.  I hope you had a good weekend.

Today's cards that I'm sharing are using scraps from 'what's on my table'.  You know the stuff that you stamp but don't like or wasn't what you had in mind once you start it, then you toss aside.  Well, I have lots of those.  I have a few 'masculine' birthdays this month, so decided to go through my pile to see if I could salvage any of it.  I had success.

These were quick and easy, so here goes:

First card, I already had the leaf background stamp off (MFT stamps), and I already and the die cut Celebrate (MFT) inked up.  Added a few other elements and this is the end result:



My second card - I had the sponging already done.  Not sure what I had intended this one for, but I stamped Flourishes LLC - an image from Country Roads in black memento.  I then stamped a branch from Penny Black in scattered straw along the side, top and bottom, just to fill in the open spaces.
I felt it still needed something, so cut some scrap paper using MFT Flag Stax dies and added a brad. Not sure if the brad is a bit distracting from the image. What do you think?



I wish all cards were this easy to pull together. I'm off to enjoy the afternoon outdoors.  I'm off today, so need to get some much needed weeding done.

Enjoy your day!

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I opened up my Feedly and there you are -- happy day! I wish all my spare parts would work up this nicely. Those masculine cards are such a challenge for me and I need to make three more very soon. I love the leaf background you made -- subtle colors which coordinate with the "celebrate" and don't compete. The enamel dots bring it together even more. Perfect! And, ohhhh, your sponged pastoral scene is so beautiful. I don't think the brad is distracting. It seems to fit very nicely. Love those colors and the hint of leafy stamping. Our sun is peeking out after a rainy weekend, and I have some flowers to plant, so that's where I'll be today. Enjoy your outdoor afternoon!

Ros Crawford said...

Well your left over bits sure made fine cards!! Love the stamped leaves and the colourful sentiment and your sponging made for a beautiful scene with the horse... No.. the brad is perfect!

Stacy Morgan said...

I like using up whats on the table at times as well. And you did a great job on both of these. The colorful nature of the first one and the leaves is perfect. The shading on the scene is wonderful.

Tracy said...

My scraps don't tend to look that good. LOL Nicely done on both designs.