Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Mr & Mrs

Hello there!  It's been a busy week, so I didn't have much time for stamping, but I did manage to squeeze in a bit of time to make a wedding card for my basket.

No stamping involved just embossing, die cutting.





I started by embossing some Neenah 100lb c/s using Crafter's Companion Ornate Lace embossing folder.  I love the detail it gives, both the negative and positive side have so much detail, but I chose to go with the positive side.

I then layered a couple of die cuts from Spellbinders Elegant Ovals for the center, popping both layers up.  I used Creative Expressions  Mr & Mrs die for the sentiment. This was cut 3x then adhered together to more stability. 

Then comes the fun part, adding the flowers. Oh so many colour choices but as you can see I went with yellow, pink & blue.  Finished off with pearls, glitter dots and used my Nuvo clear glitter gloss for the flowers.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Pauline


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Absolutely stunning! The combo of textures from the die cuts and the embossed base are such a wonderful foundation for the flowers and sentiment. Beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

Hello, Pauline! We've been away again, so please forgive my delayed visit. It sure is lovely to see your card now that I'm getting down to visiting my Feedly! Wow! I always love what you do with flowers and dies, but that embossing added to the base is stunning! Beautiful folder that is. Now you've got me wanting to go on an embossing folder shopping spree as I haven't added any new ones in forever. Holding off... This summer hasn't allowed much stamping time. The die cut sentiment really pops, and those flower colors, sigh... Love the tiny trio off to the right for balance. Just right!