Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Bejewled x 2

A quick post tonight to share a couple of Penny Black cards.  This image is called Bejewled.
I'm a bit behind in posting as I have been working lots of overtime over the last 4 weeks, which leaves no time for stamping. These 2 cards I finished back in July.

Using my Misti, white cardstock and Memento inks.  As these were done a while ago I did not keep track of the colours I used. After I was done with the stamping, I sponged some inks for the background.



I didn't want to stamp a sentiment on the front, but felt it needed something.  I pulled out my container of pre-cut dies cuts and came across this swirly one and thought it looked interesting along the bottom.  This die is from Memory Box - Valencia border.

I kept it fairly simple, I didn't even add wink of stella for a bit of sparkle!

Since I had my Misti out and stamp inside, I decided to to another card using the same stamp but different colours. Again I used Memento inks.


 
I cut out the image using a die from MFT.  Leaving the die in place I sponged some inks for the background.
For this one, I stamped 'Hi there' in black versafine and then added some white chiffon ribbon tied on a diagonal along the bottom portion.

I love how these turned out.  Once you get going on these types of brushstoke stamps and your Misti, they work up pretty quick.

I hope to get back to stamping soon, O/T should wrap up this week, and with the long weekend ahead, I hope to get into my craft room.  Thanks for being patient and continuing to follow.  I will have some more bird pictures in my next post, so stay tuned.

Have a wonderful day!

Pauline








3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Pauline, you do such a beautiful job with the brush stroke stamps! Amazing how you get the color on there so perfectly. Love the simple designs. Large stamps don't require much in the way of card design, so these are perfect. I really love the swirly border on the first and the scalloped mat on the second. Such lovely, soft sponging and perfectly matched card stocks. I'm so glad you photographed these so you could share them at any time. It should be nice to finish the overtime and follow up with a long weekend. Now I'll be looking forward to your bird post!

Tracy said...

These stamps are so you. You know just how to create cards to show them off with your special Pauline touch. They're classy and gorgeous.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! What stunners these are Pauline... That is a beautiful stamp and you have used it to perfection... Amazing colours and so very elegant!