Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, August 20, 2018

Mum floral frame

Hello! Well here we are at the start of another week.  This summer is flying by don't you think?
I'm back today to share a card I made for my daughter to give to her group's summer student.  At work we have summer students that come in from May to mid-end of Aug.  Karen asked if I would make a card for the dept to sign, and she specifically said it has to have pink in it and say 'thank you'.

Here are the details:

I'm using Simon Says Mum Floral Frame.  I cut it out of a 4.25 square white c/s. I took another piece the same size and sponged some distress oxide. I used spun sugar, pickled raspberry and tumbled glass.


I then added some foam tape to the back of the frame and popped it up over the distress background.
I was going to just layer this onto another piece of white, but how boring would that be?  So I pulled out Simon Says Beautiful flower stamp, inked it up with some spun sugar and stamped it diagonally on the card base.  I then adhered the frame on top.  For the sentiment I used Papertrey Ink Inside & out Thank You set and embossed it on a piece of black c/s using white embossing powder.  Once heat set I cut the front end on an angle, added some foam tape and adhered to the card.

To finish off I added some clear sequins.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Pauline

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is breathtakingly beautiful Pauline! I LOVE the colours and the design is beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

Color me thrilled to see another card today, Pauline! Two days in a row, seeing as how I just saw the other one yesterday. This is a delicate beauty! Ohhh, the sweet colors and that pretty die! Love how you did the sentiment and the stamping in the background. What a lovely combination with the die cut focal piece. You know I want to stamp, but it's another day of garden and laundry, sigh...

Lori said...

Beautiful card! What a gorgeously inked background!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful and so soft. The light shading behind your embossed bloom is beautiful.

Tracy said...

How gorgeous is that white frame against your inked background. WOW! The soft stamping on the card base is such a lovely touch of color.