Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, August 19, 2016

Wedding card

Hey  everyone - TGIF! I must say this week as flown right on by and I haven't even had a chance to post a card for you.

So tonight I'm sharing a wedding card I made a few weeks ago.  I love making wedding cards - using various dies, flowers, ribbon and pearls, there is just something about it!


Designer paper is from Basic Grey Cappaella.  I used one of my newest dies from Creative Expressions called Australian collection - Brisbane, for my focal point. I just love CE dies - there is so many I would love to have - someday!

After adding some prima flowers and Wild Orchid crafts flowers I die cut some leaves from scraps of cappella paper using Creative Expressions finishing touches - olive branch.

Add a bow and pearls to finish off.

Well that does it for me today.  Tomorrow is my dress fitting for my son Mark's wedding in Sept. Can't believe it's a month away - boy how time flies doesn't it?

Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for visiting today.
Take care

Pauline

5 comments:

NancyT said...

Hello Pauline. What an elegant wedding card. You have the greatest die collection. You sure know how to use the dies. Your bow is beautiful. Love the added flowers and pearls. Your DP collection used is so fitting. I am sure the wedding couple will cherish this card. Your son's wedding is just around the corner. I'm sure you are so organized and ready for the big day. Hugs.

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! One of the nice things about wedding cards is that they're usually hand delivered or sent with a gift, so you can pile on all the gorgeousness your heart desires. I love the flowers arranged with that big, beautiful silk bow. Silk is still my favorite ribbon. Makes such gorgeous bows. All your papers and colors coordinate so perfectly. I don't think I've ever seen the Creative Expressions dies before. There is so much to want all the time! Your son's wedding is coming right up. It's a much anticipated occasion!

Katie Sims said...

Mercy, Pauline....that is one STRIKING wedding card. I love the dies that you used ( I don't have any of those but maybe I should start a list..) and the color combination you used is perfect for the occasion. All of those beautiful blooms and that perfectly tied bow....this will make the bride and groom feel quite special! So good to see your beautiful work today! Hugs....

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is gorgeous! I love these dies, and I too have seen so many I love. But you sure know how to use them with the beautiful flowers and your gorgeous bow! I love the accent pearls too. And Leslie is right about how you usually hand deliver or include inside a gift. This is stunning! Hugs, sweet friend, and enjoy the weekend! xoxo

Carla Murphy said...

Gorgeous!!! Love everything about this.