Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hello

Happy Monday Tuesday!  Here I thought it was Monday, probably because I was off work yesterday, and this was my first day back to work  this week. Gosh!

A week or so ago, I pulled out some of my sprays and mists and decided to play around and make some backgrounds.  I used some Lindy's stamp gang sprays ( I have had these for years,  I'm thinking 5-7 yrs old.  I bought them at a stamp convention in Michigan.  You know how it is -you get to these conventions and watch the demos, you get all pumped up - because that's why they do the demos to suck you into their product right? - well yes I get sucked in easy for somethings. So you buy the supplies, then you get home and put away into the special spots (in a container on the shelf) and forget about them!) I also used some Stamp Zia sprays as well. So after playing around and let the piece of water colour paper dry, I used a new Penny Black stamp (well new to me) and embossed it onto the sprayed background in white.  Some of the sprays I used have shimmer in them, so the background is very pretty in real.


I used Spellbinders Scallop borders two to cut the bottom edge of my image piece and also different edges for the base card from the same set.

My sentiment is stamped in SU elegant eggplant.  The sentiment is from Altenew - Label Love.  I then trimmed it down in size.

I used some gold twine, pearls and sequins to finish this off.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my WOW, Pauline! That's a gorgeous background! Beautiful blend of colors and light. Love how you brought out the gold with your gold cord, and the pearls and those three little sequins give it even more elegance. Now... that stamp! Ohhhh! You have some of the most beautiful stamps. I love seeing what you have. I tend to get what's available locally and it's slim pickin's sometimes. This one is a heart stopper. LOVE it embossed in white on your fabulous background. I've tried sprays before and ended up with a warped mess, but you... oh!

NancyT said...

Pauline. This is stunning. Your colour selection and how they blend together is amazing. The scallop border is one of my favorites. I never think of having the card flip up. What a gorgeous stamp. It is perfect for white embossing with the great background. You know how to finish off this elegant card - the pearls, sequins and twine are perfect.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline! GASP! This is absolutely gorgeous, and your background is AMAZING! I love the colors, and how beautiful to stamp this fabulous image in white! Wow! And how fabulous is that border die?! Love it!! Hugs, sweet friend! (I am way behind inn commenting, but I"m working in it - hehe!)

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous... Oh my word. First your embossing is fantastic and the background is wonderful. Not to mention that gorgeous die cut edge. Stunning card!