Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Touches of Texture

Hello all.  Hope everyone is having a good week. Well the heat has hit once again,  as I'm writing this at 10:20 pm it is 99F, it was over 100 today.

My card to day is one I made with my new Stampin Up set called Touches of Texture.  Love this set, there is so much variety within this set.  I made this card as part of the 29 card order.




I  used several of the texture stamps that come in this set to make the background using various inks.
I then stamped the floral in black memento and coloured using SU markers.   I stamped the sentiment using black versafine.  Sentiment is from the PTI set - Willow. This was then cut using a grand scallop die from spellbinders. I then cut an oval frame using MFT stitched oval frames.

Designer paper is Kaiser craft - devonshire collection.  Finished off with lace, gold cord,prima flowers, a rhinestone and used my wink of stella pen on the flowers.

Supplies:
stamps - SU- touches of texture, PTI - Willow
inks - black memento, black versafine, SU baja breeze, crumb cake, crisp cantelope, certain celery, SU markers - dustry durango, pistachio pudding (for the flowers)
die - spellbinders - grand scallop, MFT stitched oval frame
paper - SU dusty durango, cougar white, Kaiser craft - devonshire
misc - lace, prima flower, gold cord, wink of stella clear pen, rhinestone

Thanks for visiting today, have a wonderful day.

Pauline

5 comments:

debby4000 said...

Such a beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Stacy Morgan said...

We have the similar heat here, which makes for great stamping days. hee hee This is a pretty sympathy card.

NancyT said...

What a gorgeous card. I agree this is a beautiful, versatile set. I love the background combinations you used. The designer papers work very well together. The lace and flowers sure finish off this beautiful card. The dusty Durango scallop die help makes the card so elegant. You sure created a lot of awesome cards as part of your order. Thanks for sharing. Hope you can stay cool!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, that IS pretty! I haven't looked at an SU! catalog for quite a while. Love all the background stamps you used for this. Fabulous with the stitched oval frame over the scalloped oval. We just spent three days in the valley at our son's house and it's too hot there for me. Mornings outside are tolerable, but when it heats up I run for the air conditioning. The day we came home it was 97 degrees. I hope it cools down for you soon!

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, I've seen this set used and love some of the stamps in it, and I love this card! Your cards are always so classy and rich, and this is stunning! Hugs!