Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, August 1, 2016

Monochromatic Thanks

Hello everyone.  I'm off today due to a Canadian Stat Holiday, (Civic Holiday) and I've been out in the gardens doing some much needed weeding.  Just thought I would take a quick break and post a card.

Remember, I had mentioned that I had a 29 card order to do, well it's done and 20 of those 29 were thank you cards.  Here is one of them I did.


I started by stamping a script from PTI  - Background basics - text style using crumb cake along the bottom of my front piece.  I then stamped the image using the same ink.  Image is from Endless Creations, and I have had this for years.  I have seen it released by a few other companies as well.

I used my MISTI to stamp the 'thank you' just in case I didn't get a good impression the first time this would allow me to stamp it again.

I added a couple of strips of stripe paper from my scrap bin to another piece of white card stock. - top and bottom.  I think it was a left over piece from one of my MME 6x6 pads. I then adhered the floral stamp piece onto that.

I added some silk ribbon around the bottom of the card where the stripe paper meets the stamped script and added a tiny bow tied with the same ribbon.  Added a couple of small gold sequins.  I made several off these but switched up the image from the right side over to the left side.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Enjoy the rest of your day.  I'm heading back outside for a bit then hope to get a card made later today.

Pauline


5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is soooooo beautiful, Pauline! I want everything you used! Such a gorgeous silhouette stamp and clever of you to use these two together positioned just so. The Crumb Cake is such a soft, pretty neutral and always looks so good on white. Love the design. It's a good one for multiples, but that's a lot of cards. You've been a very busy stamper! Stay cool. I didn't know it got that hot where you are, sheesh!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is beautiful and so elegant! I love the silhouette stamp with the soft Crumb Cake, and I love the DP you've used with the sweet bow! Love small bows...seems to make them more elegant! Love it, sweet friend, and you are a stamping machine with this order! Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful... oh I like the classy feel of this Pauline. Totally going to case this one. ;-) The stemmed florals are so pretty in the soothing color. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Pauline this is absolutely gorgeous simple and crisp and beautiful. Do you know if this image is still available? Is there a name on the stamp so I can get one?

Tracy said...

Fantastic layout to your design. The stamping is perfect!