Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Cakeabella 2.0

Hello everyone. Hope you are all having a good week.  Today is actually my Friday since I'm off work until Tuesday.  Just using up some vacation days!

After doing that huge card order - which most of them were done by stamping and die cutting rather than colouring, I was ready to sit down and colour something.

I pulled out my latest Stamping Bella order that I received over a month ago, just didn't have a chance to use them yet.  I decided on 'Cakeabella'.  I am so loving these new bella 2.0 images.  I have all the original stick figure bellas - still love those too, but there is just something about having actual arms, legs, face with features and lots of hair - so life like.




I stamped her onto some white cougar 100 lb card stock using memento black ink.  I used copics for the skin tones, then switched to prismacolour pencils for the rest.  After colouring her jeans I decided to paper piece her apron.  I rummaged through my scrap dp bucket and found some K & Co paper.  I then finished colouring her and then cut her out using MFT inside & out stitch round rectangle die.

I used fun foam cut slightly smaller than my image piece and adhered to the back.  For the sentiment - which comes with the set - I embossed it onto a strip of black cardstock using versamark and white embossing powder.  Cut one end to make a flag fishtale  end.

Because my scrap piece of dp was only just that - a scrap piece,  it wasn't large enough to cover the front of the card.  I decided to  use my MFT Homespun stitch lines die to do some piercing/stitching long the top of the card, and then rounded the right corner.

I wrapped some twine around the card 3 times then tied a bow over to the left.  Added my image  to the card and then adhered the sentiment.  Finished off with lots of glitter on the cake and 3 enamel dots.

So there you have it, a super fun birthday card.  See you soon, thanks for stopping by.

Pauline


Supplies:
Stamp - Stamping Bella - cakeabella 2.0
ink - black memento, copics - E000, E00,  E01, E11, R20, prismacolour pencils & gamsol
paper - white cougar 100 lb, black, K & Co - wild raspberry
dies - MFT - homespun stitch lines, inside & out stitch round rectangle
misc - white embossing powder, versamark, fun foam, enamel dots, glitter, corner rounder, twine

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

LOVE it! So happy to see you stamping and so glad you get to enjoy a long weekend. As usual, you've made a perfect-in-every-way card. The design is understated but interesting, and your coloring is stellar. Cute that you paper pieced the apron, and I love how you use your dies. It's always interesting to see which dies you use and how creatively you use them. I can't tell the difference between your Copic coloring and the Prismas. That's how good you are!

Kerri said...

Love it great job!!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

I bet you are are glad to be done with the large order, at least that is how I sometimes feel. hee hee This is totally cute! I like that you paper pieced her apron, awesome CAS design Pauline!

Tracy said...

Oooo I love her funky apron. Great retro look and another wonderfully designed card.

CherylQuilts said...

Obviously, I am way behind :(. But I love this gal and love the pieced apron! Just a wonderful layout that really worked out perfectly so that you were able to do some stitching at the top! Beautifully done, Pauline!! Love your work! Hugs!