Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Planning for Magnolias

Hi all.  Well it's a dreary rainy day today, a good day to be working on some cards don't you think? It's a 3 day weekend for us Canadians, and the weather for Sunday and Monday is suppose to be upper 60's low 70's and sunny! This also concludes my weeks vacation - why do they always fly by so fast?!

I needed a birthday card for my friend at work.  Wasn't sure what Power Poppy image to colour for her and I know I wanted to use my new Justrite die as well.  So looking through my images I came across Planning for Magnolia set and it had this cute little flower sitting in a vase of water - so sweet.

I"m also entering this into the May challenge over at Power Poppy - May flowers - use your favourite floral image from Power Poppy.  How can you just pick one! I have so many favourites.


Here is my card:


I stamped the image onto some white cougar c/s using black memento ink.  I then coloured using prisma colour pencils as well as copics.  I did a base coat using copics YG03 for the leaves and V01 for the flower.  I then used pencils to add colour and depth.

I then cut out the image using Simon Says stitched circles.  This fit perfectly over the center opening for the Justrite - garden circle die.

All background papers are from Basic Grey - Eva collection - another collection I have been hoarding forever!.  My card base is a deep, deep purple.  Layers were all cut out using Simon Says stitched squares.

To finish off I added glitter ritz to the flower, silk ribbon, and sequin.

Supplies:
stamp - Power Poppy - planning for magnolias
ink - black memento, copics - V01, YG03, prisma colour pencils - dahila purple, black cherry, dark green
paper - cougar white 100 lb, Basic Grey - Eva, dark puple
dies - Justrite - garden circle, Simon Says - stitched circles & squares
misc - glitter ritz, sequin, silk purple ribbon from PTI

Thanks for your visit today.  Enjoy your weekend. 

Pauline


7 comments:

NancyT said...

Pauline, I love this card. Your are the master of colouring. What a gorgeous die. I love the rich colours you used for your DP Your elegant card is finished off with the perfect coloured bow. I can stare at the card forever ☺️

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Pauline!! This is gorgeous, and I love this sweet little magnolia! It's so beautifully colored (love Copics plus the pencils for small details), and I love the gorgeous die and beautiful DP. Your layout is so elegant with the square card too (some don't care for it as much, but I love them). And I also love a ribbon, which works great for a card you give someone at work. Beautifully done, sweet friend, and so GORGEOUS!! Big hugs, and I hope your weather starts feeling more and more like spring!

HolmesKathy said...

Pauline...the card is just beautiful...the Garden circle die just adds so much to the card...love your colours.

Leslie Miller said...

Now here's one I haven't colored yet, and just look how pretty it is sitting there in that gorgeous die and covered with glitter! I haven't tried coloring over Copics with Prismas yet, but you got fabulous depth and shading. The green really sets it off and it all looks great with the BG Eva. I have lots of that pack still to use, along with many others. I hope you enjoy your last day home with better weather. It's raining here so I guess the garden will have to wait again. There's lots to do inside, as well, but after seeing this I simply want to stamp -- sheesh!

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely breathtaking Pauline.

Tracy said...

Wow! Your card design is spectacular. The magnolia looks so beautiful in that delicate frame.

ChristineCreations said...

I LOVE this card Pauline! From your perfect choices in paper to that gorgeous die....it frames out this pretty little bloom so perfectly!