Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Meet Edna....

Hi everyone. Hope your week is going well.  Can you believe that we are just over halfway through May.  It hasn't felt like spring here though in SW Ontario.   Freezing temperatures this past week with snow, rain and hail - unbelievable weather! This coming weekend is suppose to be spring like temperatures.  Bill and I have been enjoying our birding ventures spite the cold weather.  I will have lots of pictures to share in the coming weeks.

With this being Wednesday, I'm back to share another Stamping Bella creation.  This week I am showcasing
 Meet Edna - one of Emily's latest images from her last release.  I just love these gals.




After stamping Edna on cougar c/s using black memento, I coloured her using copics. I used one of the dies from MFT blueprints 5 to cut her out.  In the corners I stamped a small flourish in pale yellow just to add a bit of detail.  

Designer paper is Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss.  For the Fishtales I used MFT fishtale dies.

To finish off I added some sequins, and wink of stella clear pen for her wings.

Supplies:
stamp - Stamping Bella - Edna
paper - cougar 100 lb white, Simple Stories - vintage bliss, 
dies - MFT - fishtale, blueprints 5
ink - black memento, copics - E000, E00, E01, E11, R20, R22, YR01, Y0000, Y00, Y02, Y13, Y23, BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG23, E23, E25, E29, E79
misc - wink of stella clear pen, sequins

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  Thanks for you visit.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Edna is just fab-u-lous! Love that paper pad. It's one I hoard a bit. LOL Lovely work Pauline. Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

She's so beautiful and it would be so fun to have her! I can think of many uses and sentiments. Your coloring is absolutely splendiferous and I love the colors to match that fabulous paper. The grounding at her feet is so soft and perfect and I can't miss the soft green pattern in the corners. A stamp? Stencil? It is a subtle yet amazingly effective detail. Your bird outings sound wonderful. Just bundle up and go. Looking forward to photos. The wind is already up here and I have to go out in it and water the garden. Brrrr! It cuts right through you. Spring just can't make up its mind, can it? Your card makes me want to go color instead, but other duties call... Have a good day, Pauline!

NancyT said...

Edna sure is gorgeous. Your colouring is stunning. As usual you have so many nice finishing touches to your card including the different fishtails. I'm looking forward to Bills bird images and your next stamping Bella card. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, Edna is beautiful and so perfectly colored!! I love her and (like Leslie said) can imagine lots of sentiments for her (and occasions). What a fun gal she is, and you've made a beautiful card with her. Wow, I love this DP and love your layout with the fishtail tags and the rounded rectangle is soft. And the small flourish stamped in the corners is a lovely touch. Beautifully done, sweet friend! You've really brought her to life (and she loves it -- I can tell!!!). Well, you keep warm! That's far too cold for me, and I look forward to seeing your photos. Come on spring, for you!! Big hugs!