Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Delightful Daffodils

Happy Saturday everyone, and a delightful day it is here.  Very warm temperatures, lots of sun and humidity.  I can do without the humidity though.

Today's card I'm featuring another Power Poppy image.  I'm still playing along in their May challenge - use your favourite flower, well like I've said before how can you just pick one.

I taught this card in one of my classes this past week.  It just speaks spring time doesn't it?  This image is from the Daffodils stamp set, and it is also available in digi form called dancing with daffodils.



After stamping it on white cougar c/s using black memento I coloured using prisma pencils. I then cut the image using spellbinders oval and layered it onto a piece of mauve cut using spellbinders scallop oval. For the curved edge on the dp I used a Simon Says die  - A2 card curved edge.  Cut once from the dp and once from the mauve c/s, then layer the mauve behind.

I also stamped a small sentiment in the corner using Penny Blacks snippet stamp set. Love this set, lots of small sayings.

To finish off I added a double bow made from twine, and of course you must have glitter on a flower card.

Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful day.

Pauline

7 comments:

Tracy said...

LOVE the curve at the bottom!!! What an awesome detail element. Your coloring is always a joy Pauline. Hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

What a gorgeous card, Pauline, and I always love your pencil coloring! This is such a gorgeous image, and I love the DP and the curved edge at the bottom! Beautifully done! Big hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

NancyT said...

Another beautifully coloured card Pauline. The DP matches your flower colour choices perfectly. Love how you created the curved edge at the bottom. Thanks for sharing.

Kerri said...

beautiful card love it!!!

Leslie Miller said...

When Marcy did this first in digital I told her it might be my favorite ever. And I think that still holds true. There's just something about this image. And the way you've colored it and designed your card brings out every bit of the beauty and happiness in this little garden vignette. I'm always amazed with your pencil coloring. You're so good with the details. And that curve at the lower edge with the sentiment is just perfect, as are the pretty little scallops peeking out and the twine bow. Never overdone, always just right. Love this so much!

ChristineCreations said...

Such a fabulous combination of yellow and purple. Love the little touches of sparkle. You are a beautiful colourist Pauline! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy again this month!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pauline!! I love your coloring, and your sketch is fabulous. Love the yellow/purple combination!!