Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Live it up

Today I have a fun card to share with you.  As soon as I saw Power Poppy's digital 'layer cake' last month I knew I just had to have it. Such a versatile image. 




Since I  had a piece of water colour paper already prepared from a few weeks ago I used it and moved forward with my design.  This was done by adding distress inks onto a piece of water colour paper which was wet down with water. I resized the image then used copics to colour.  I used Memory Box die to cut it out as well as the layer below. 

I punch a whole in the top of the tags and pulled some multi-colour seam binding ribbon through.  I ended up having 4 ends because I doubled it up, but didn't like the look of just the way it hung. So I tied bows with them.

To finish off I added wink of stella clear pen on the layers of cake, added glossy accents to the dots on the outside and lots of sequins.  I hope I didn't over do it with the sequins, I just couldn't stop! LOL. But hey, it's a fun card which deserves a lot of sequins.

Supplies:
image: power poppy - digital layer cake
ink: copics -YG01, Y18, BG11, BG23, E23, E25, E27, RV04, distress inks - peacock feathers, twisted citron, squeezed lemonade
dies - Memory Box - pinpoint main street tags, MFT - stitched rectangle
paper - TH water colour, dark blue, green, white cougar 100 lb
misc - silk ribbon, sequins, wink of stella clear pen 

I appreciate your visit today, have a wonderful day.

Pauline 


4 comments:

NancyT said...

Pauline, hope you have a great Mother's Day. Your card is beautiful. Your cake looks so real and delicious! I love your background colours and the multi-coloured bow. You can never have enough sequins. This is one of my favorite digis to colour too. Fantastic job Pauline. Have a great day. Hugs

Leslie Miller said...

Would you believe I have this cake all colored up to share sometime next week? Just can't get seem to get around to the photos and blog posts. I love how colorful you made this! And with the chocolate frosting to top it off, yum! Beautiful watercolor background and pretty sequins and ribbons to make it festive. I hope you're enjoying a lovely day. Don't know if it's Mother's Day where you are. Shouldn't every day be Mother's Day? Thanks for the treat today, Pauline!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is gorgeous, and your cake is wonderfully colored! Yummy! And I especially love the colors of your cake layers!! What a great idea to use glossy accents for the dots on the cake. And your ribbon is gorgeous, and you've used just the right number of sequins. I love them (and am getting used to adding them myself - hehe!). Beautifully done, sweet friend, and I really love the layout! Hugs!

Tracy said...

This has my sweet tooth aching. LOL Love the pretty watercolor background and those awesome tag dies. Great card for special birthday wishes. Hugs!