Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Gardening chicks

I'm back today for another Stamping Bella post.  This weeks card is featuring 'gardening chicks'.



After stamping the image onto some cougar 100lb white cardstock I used prisma colour pencils to colour.  Once done I cut it out using spellbinders oval die, left the die in place and sponged some soft sky around the edge. This was then layered onto a piece of aqua mist c/s cut from a spellbinder scallop die.

My background papers are from Simple Stories - vintage bliss.  I just love the papers in this pack! I used my corner rounder punch for the top corners on the plaid piece.  

It seemed kind of plain and needed something so I pulled out several 'leafy' dies and ended up going with Memory Box - fresh foliage.

Finished off with glitter and sequins.

supplies:
stamp - Stamping Bella - gardening chicks
ink - black memento, SU soft sky, prisma colour pencils- way to many to list
dies - spellbinders - oval and oval scallop, MB fresh foliage
paper - cougar white, bazzill lemonade, PTI - aqua mist, Simple Stories - vintage bliss
misc - sequins, glitter, corner rounder

I hope I have inspired you today.  Thanks for your visit.

Pauline

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Precious! I just adore the chick stamps. Your pencil coloring is superb. Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! So cute! You know I love it. How could I not? Fun and adorable stamp, the perfect papers, and totally fabulous coloring with your Prismas. When I get a little more caught up I feel a Bella order coming on. I swear I'm trying to be good for a while. It's so hard! I adore this card, Pauline!

NancyT said...

Pauline, these chicks are so cute. No one can use prisms like you. This card has beautiful soft colours. You sure know how to finish off a card with the beautiful leaf die and sequins placed just right. Have a wonderful day!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, giggle! Pauline, I just love these chicks, and you've made them so beautiful with your coloring. Love your layout with the plaid and woodgrain DP! Sweet and fun card, my friend! Big hugs!