Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, September 5, 2011

Who Me?

Hope you are all enjoying the last day of our long weekend. The weather has turned much cooler today - which I am not complaining about, just wish the sun would shine - but does look good for the rest of the week.

As I promised myself, I would try to do at least one Christmas card a week, to stock pile my stash, so I'll be all set when the time comes to mail them out.

For today's card I'm using Who Me, a Mo image in rubber by Stamping Bella.

Isn't he the cutest? He looks so innocent! I started by stamping him on bella's bestest paper then coloured him with both copics and pencils.  I started by using a copics then did the shading with prismacolour pencils and blended with gamsol.
I paired him up with some Christmas paper from MME- Frost - I believe it is a few years old - date on tab is 2007! Yikes! I hang onto papers - but at least I am starting to use them! lol. Dies I used are s/binder rectangle large and a bracket tab from MFT. Sentiment was stamped in back versafine.

Finished up with some stitching, glitter, versamagic wheat sponged around the image and a couple of nailhead antique gold brads.

That's it for today. Now I think I better work on my challenge card since I have time today. If you get a chance to play along this week our theme is Animals!

Enjoy the rest of your day, and thanks for stopping by.

Pauline

6 comments:

Gabriela said...

Pauline - you nailed this card! I adore the soft muted colours you chose for this image and of course the DP is the perfect compliment. You have such a way with Copics and pencils!

Kerri Boucher said...

loe this card..thks for sharing..

Robin McK said...

Hey Pauline!
You have done such a stunning job colouring this Mo! It looks like he's glowing! Just beautiful!

Dana White said...

You did a fantastic job colouring him up; he is still in my bindah waiting to see some ink!! It's hot, hot, hot, here & I hope it lasts!!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Great card Pauline........ this has got to be one of my favourite images! Well done! So hard to think of that kind of weather right now though......

Crafty Cath said...

Ok this little guy looks fantastic! Seriously..the coloring, papers and layout look wonderful. Funny, I envision him in reds and blue but the soft browns and blues take my breath away. Hmmm, now where's that stamp!