Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, September 12, 2011

Kittycattabella

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  Mine was busy, could sure stand to have today off!

Do you ever get giddy when you finish a card and you think to yourself, "I love it"? well this is what I said to myself last night when I finished it up. It just came together so quickly for me this time around, and normally it takes a long time to come up with the layout. 

So let me introduce to you Kittycattabella!


Okay, now isn't this just the cutest card? I love cats but they don't like me.  I am highly allergic to cats - my eyes will swell shut, and I can hardly breath.  It happened to me once a few years back, it was pretty scary, so I avoid them like the plague!!

Details of my card: stamped her on bella's bestest white with black memento.
I took the leap again and coloured her with copics and did some shading with primsacolour pencils and blended out with some gamsol.  I had this piece of paper on my desk from last week, so immediately I just grabbed it and based my colouring on that. I think that is why it came together so quickly, I didn't have to take 1/2 hour rummaging through all my papers trying to decided which would look the best!

Dies used: the white leaves are from Marianne dies, the blue kind of leaf runner is from papertrey, and I used an EK success border punch on the green dp.

Finished off with a prima flower and some pearls.  I really like adding the pearls to my cards of late, and you probably will see more in the future.

Well that's it for today. I have my class at Paper Pickle on Wednesday night so will be spending tonight cutting and preparing for that.

Have a good day!

3 comments:

Dana White said...

this is so cute - the flower a perfect embellishment

Ebru Vatansever said...

What a lovely Card Pauline, I love the leaves and to be honest I never heard of Marianne Dies. Do you have a link I can look at ?

Leslie said...

So, so pretty! LOVE that flower and the paper is pretty nice too! :)