Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hub's birthday card

Hi Everyone.  Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.  Yesterday we went off to London to  celebrate Father's Day, my Hubby's, brother's, brother-in-law's and Dad's birthday.  Yes, June is a very busy month for our family.  I tell you I don't think I need to eat for the rest of the week.  So much delicious food.  I got on the scale this morning, and it is not a good thing! I guess I'm back to the daily walking routine and lots of water.

Today's card is one I made for my Hub's. 


I used my 'new' Grand Calibur and labels #4.  I love that S/binders came out with a larger die cutting machine - it takes card making to a whole new level.  Now I must say I this card on Amy Sheffer's blog, and fell in love with the card base. then again I fall in love with everything she does.  She is amazing!
So I just went from there.  My hub's is a bird lover/watcher/photograher (in his spare time) so I wanted to incorporate a bird on the card.  I have this paper from K & Co called Celeste by Brenda Walton.  I've had this paper pack for a while, so many pretty papers, but finally caved into cutting a piece!

Sentiment - stamped in Always Artichoke  is from Verve and I also used a leaf die from Sizzix.  Dusted all edges using antique linen then went over that with a bit of frayed burlap.
Finished off with some beige seam binding.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.  Back tomorrow with a Mo image.

till then,
Pauline

No comments: