Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A daisy for you

Happy Wednesday - I'm back today with another great card - well I think so anyway (LOL).  When I first started out, this is not what I had in mind, but I was happy with the outcome.  For my image I used Perk me up daisy outline by Stamping Bella.


As you can see I only used part of the image.  I started out by embossing the daisy on watercolour paper using gold embossing powder.  My first intentions were to watercolour using tombows, but that got squashed!  So I went looking through my dies and found the one I used (green paper).  In the center of the die is a solid square piece just big enough to put a small image, so I thought hey, I can cut part of the daisy and go from there.  So that's what I did. After cutting it out I used copics to colour the daisy petals.  Left the die in place and sponged some antique linen then very lightly added some frayed burlap.  I sponged the edges of the green, beige and the card base using antique linen then some frayed burlap as well.  Design paper is a piece I had from a couple of years ago, which was purchased at a stamping convention in Novi MI.  It's by Paperloft.

Finishing touches - cream seam binding, and some very small pearls.  Did you know that you can change the colour of your white pearls to what ever colour you choose? Well you can, with Copics.  So I coloured my white pearls to a creamy-beige colour.

You still have time to submit your creation  for our challenge this week.
Our theme is - Here comes summer.  Send to Emily by thursday night.

Enjoy the rest of your day, thanks for stopping by.

See you on friday,

3 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

Simply stunning my friend. Love it !!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I can't count the number of times I end up with something totally different than what I had started out trying to achieve. Your end results are stunning! :) Tracy

Kerri said...

love it...colors are grt