Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Hello Spring! ( a little late)

Good morning!  I was going through my card pictures I took back in the Spring, and realized I had not posted a few of them.  

The two that I am sharing today, I made for my friends card order for Easter.  Yes sorry a little late at sharing these.

Both are using the same die cuts from Honey Bee - Lovely Layers - Tulips.  I was hesitant in buying this die as when I saw samples I knew how large this was, but I caved and bought, but love how this floral takes center stage!

I started by using some Canson 140 lb watercolour paper.  I just spritzed using Distress Oxide and Distress inks, along with spritzing water to blend a bit more.  (Sorry never wrote the colours down when creating this). One dried I cut out all the floral parts and then adhered together. I also cut the center of the tulip using some gold mirror c/s.



For my background on the first card I used SSS Detail Bohemian Cover plate, then flicked some green ink onto it.  This was cut out using MFT scalloped rectangle.  Sentiment is from SSS - sentiment strips, which I just trimmed to fit.  Added some gold pearls to finish off.


The second card, I used Honey Bee Spring Leaves A2 pierced cover plate for my back ground then cut it out using a stitched rectangle. I also used a SSS sentiment strips for this and added some pearls to finish off.

Well that is it for me for today.  I hope you have a fantastic day! Stay Cool!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Cards like these are welcome anytime! The color effect you achieved is both beautiful and interesting. No ordinary tulips here! I think they look amazing on your cards, large and filling the front. The gold centers, pearls, and accompanying dies are lovely companions. It's a special treat whenever you post, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Hello my friend... I know it's been ages and thank you for not forgetting me. I hope you are well?
I am in awe of theses tulips and the way you have managed to capture the colours so cleverly to make them look real! Stay well and I hope yto visit again soon