Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Gentle Blossom

 Hi there!  Today's card is one I made just to increase my stash bucket, which is pretty much depleted. I really need to get ahead of the game, much easier to pull a card out of your stash when you need one rather than have to make it.

Using products from Memory Box - Gentle Blossom Watercolour Floral, SSS Flickering Butterflies & SSS Positively saturated inks, Pinkfresh Studio - Essentials Mini Slimline dies and Penny Black - Not older, better (sentiment)



I started with some heavy weight white card stock and cut it down to a mini slimline using PinkFresh Studio die.

I then sponged some inks from yellow to pink over lapping in the middle to get the pinky colour, then spritzed with a bit of water and used a piece of paper towel to soak the excess as I didn't want large water spots.

Next, cut the die out of the white c/s, then sponged the same colours on the blossom. I stamped the sentiment first before adhere the blossom to make sure I had enough room.  Added the butterflies which were cut from gold mirror cardstock.

I was going to add some bling, but decided to leave as is.

I really love how this turned out.  I want to try some more but make the blossom in different colours.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy the rest of your day. Beautiful day here in SW Ontario only a high of 64F, but sunny and very windy.  I'll take this over the 116F days last week!

Keep well,

Pauline


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm in total agreement about keeping up the stash. I have a categorized bin, but never seem to have enough of the right kind of cards. This one is soooooooo gorgeous, and the sentiment will work as an intro for many occasions or just because. Your shading, the flower, the butterflies -- all work together harmoniously. Enjoy your summer days, Pauline. We are in a dry stretch finally. We need the rain, but my spirits need the sun!