Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Books & Flowers

Hello!

Today I have a card to share in which I made for my  Daughter-In-Law Anna.  She is both beautiful inside and out, we are so blessed to have her in our family!

I created a Slimline card for this as the image is large.  Stamp is from StudioLight - Books & Flowers.

When I saw this image I knew I had to have it for Anna's birthday card, just so fitting as she is such an avid reader.

I stamped the image onto some Canson 140lb watercolour paper.  I then scribbled some Zig markers onto my palette and picked up the ink with a wet paintbrush.  Continued this until I was happy with the results. 


I then used Pinkfresh Studio slim line dies to cut out the image, as well as the aqua background layer, which is the same size as a Slimline card base.

I wasn't sure if I was going to add a sentiment or not, as the image is quite busy... but I had this large white space, which I just happened to get a smudge, so I needed to cover it up.  I pulled out The Greetery - sentiment suite - Birthday, and used one of the tiny birthday greetings, and cut it out with a flag banner die, added a tiny silk ribbon to the top of the banner.

Finished off with wink of stella clear brush pen and added this to the flowers, also added some small pearls.

It's a beautiful day here in SW Ontario this early morning (7:30 am), sunny and very breezy, not too hot yet, so think I will head outdoors and do some yard work.

Thank you for stopping by today, whatever you are up to today - enjoy!

Pauline




1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

What a gorgeous stamp and beautifully colored on your slimline card! Love how you've tucked in that little sentiment, almost as a surprise when you notice it. This really is the most exquisite stamp. I need to catch up with my NBUS so I can feel okay about shopping again. I see something like this and my heart just pitter patters. Not that I don't have plenty of beautiful stamps... It's so good to see your card today, Pauline!