Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, June 27, 2022

Wildflower Spray

 Hello to all! A great way to start the week, as I am on vacation!  Weather is perfect high of 75F today, but gets hotter as the week goes on, but one day at a time right! No plans just glad to be at home and not at work, plan on doing yard work, some reading,  go for walks, card making and just take life easy!

I did a lot of yard work yesterday, took advantage of the partial gloomy day before the sun came out in the afternoon with humidity.  I finished up a couple more cards last night.

Today's card is one of several Sympathy cards I was asked to make for a friend. 

I'm using a 3D embossing folder from Lisa Horton Crafts.  I just love the depth of texture with these folders. I wasn't sure how to colour this as I didn't want to use copics.  I decided on sponging with inks.  I had some small tip brush applicators which worked well in the smaller spaces.  I also went in with my Prismacolour Pencils and added some darker spots in the base of the flowers. Very pleased on how this turned out.  Sentiment is from PTI.



I didn't want to over clutter with any embellishments, so I just added 3 tiny white pearls for accents.

I also cut a narrow strip of the same cardstock as the base and ran a strip along the bottom and up the side for some added interest.

Well that's it for me for today.  See you soon.  Have yourself a wonderful day, whatever you are up to.

Keep well,

Pauline

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

OMGOSH, this is so gorgeous! I just posted a Lisa Horton card today. One of the 3D folders with coordinating die. I'm so in love with this one. I also colored mine with inks and a sponge tip applicator. I love how your card turned out with this gorgeous image and the fresh, pretty colors you used. The simplicity of the design is absolutely perfect. Wow! Enjoy your week, Pauline. I treasured those stay-cations when I was working. Now that I'm retired I love it every day. It never gets old for me.