Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Something for Baby

Good day everyone! We are stuck in the middle of another heatwave.  Yesterday felt like 107F and today is suppose to be a bit hotter than that.  No relieve until maybe Thursday.  I know the West coast is experiencing like conditions but even hotter if one can imagine, and worse for them as they don't normally see these types of temperatures.

My card today is one that I made for my card order last month.  A baby girl.  Now I know this probably isn't your typical 'girly' colours, but I went with a more vintage look.  Also the clothes look more pink than what the dp paper is, but in real I tell you they are pretty close in colour.  So strange how a camera can make it look so different.

Regardless, here is my card:


The dies I used for the clothes, I purchased from AliExpress a few years ago, I also have the boy set, they are so cute.  Oval die is from Spellbinders.

Paper is from Graphic 45 - little darlings collection. The sentiment 'baby girl' is from a Papertrey Ink set, stamped in versafine gray ink.

Once everything was put together I added some flowers and pearls to finish this off.

Wishing you all a wonderful day! Take care,

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I think you know I love baby cards and this one is just so sweet. I love the soft, vintage-ish colors. The die is cute and the cluster of flowers so pretty. I haven't had a need for a baby card in forever. I even have a couple of super cute baby dies I haven't used yet. You must be miserable in the hot weather. Yesterday on the news they said there were 63 deaths in Oregon over the last couple of days due to the heat wave. Unbelievable! Air conditioning is not a given in all homes. We're cool and comfortable here on the coast, thank goodness.

Ros Crawford said...

I just love this Pauline... Sorry I haven't visited earlier by the way. Vintage still has a place in y heart and I'm sure this card will be a treasure.
I had heard about your temperatures and I would simply die! I cannot take the heat - the 70's would be my maximum. Thinking of you and sending hugs