Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, June 6, 2021

For someone Special

 Hi, hope you are all doing well.  I was going to post this card last week, but had to wait until our daughter-in-law received her birthday card, as I didn't want to ruin her surprise.

I had the floral piece stamped out a while ago, as I had stamped out several of these in a variety of colours to have on hand.



Stamps and dies are from Pinkfresh Studio.  For the frame, once cut I sponged some speckled egg onto it. (I think that's what I used).  I popped the frame up from the background piece, and also added some foam squares behind the flowers so everything was level with the frame.  

For the sentiment, I used my Spellbinder Hot Glimmer machine and glimmer dies, using foil.

To finish off I added a crystal heart and some tiny pearls.  Added SSS unicorn dust glitter to the flowers.

It is very hot here, started on Friday and will continue all next week. Heat warnings are out.  Currently as I type this it feels like 94F (34C).

Thank you for stopping by, keep well,

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Every time you create with this wreath I think it's the prettiest thing ever. I also always think you use the prettiest colors. The way you combine them is very pleasing to the eye. Your framing and background are just lovely with it. I hope you can stay cool inside during this heat wave. We're fine here on the cool Oregon coast, and it's a good thing because I do not handle the heat well.

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful Pauline... the colours the design and the shimmery sparkle... I'm sure she loved it! I'm not envying your heat - It's a lot cooler here, maybe if I blow it will reach you as a breeze? Have a lovely weekend!

Robin said...

what die is this frame I love it.