Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, November 23, 2020

Snowflake Cascade

Hi there.  I'm back today to share a few more Christmas cards.  Today's stamp set that I'll be sharing is one I purchased during the Stamptember release by Simon Says Stamps in collaboration with Gina K. I missed out on Gina K's Stamptember release last year, so I made sure I grabbed it early this time around because when they are gone, they are gone!

One of the stamps in this set is a half snowflake, which allows you to adjust the space between each half when you stamp them in order to place a sentiment between.

My first card I embossed the snowflake in white ep, then sponged distress oxide peeled paint, then tumbled glass. I then sprayed the front of the card using Shimmer Craft spray - sparkle, and boy does it sparkle! I embossed the sentiment in white onto some navy cardstock, which was then popped up for a bit of dimension. This was then layered onto some navy c/s, then onto the card base which is a shimmer light blue.  I've had this for so long I don't even know who makes it or where I bought it.  To finish off I added some Prismatic Sky Pearls from Studio Katia. 




For my second card, I embossed the snowflake top and bottom along with the sentiment in white ep.  I then sponged distress oxide worn lipstick and a bit of candied apple.  I then splattered the card with bit of water then laid some paper towel to soak up the splatters.  I then embossed the ornament holder in silver and the bow in white.  I then sprayed the front with Shimmer craft spray. Iridescent bubbles- Studio Katia were added to the ornament.  I cut a couple of strips of silver mirror c/s and added to each side and then onto a white card base.



There are a few more stamps in this stamp set I want to use, not sure I'll get around to using them this year, if not for next year for sure.

I've been working on a lot of Christmas cards for my orders but they are already ones I have posted, hence the lack of postings over the last few weeks.  I do have some new ones to share, just need to take pictures.

I'm off on vacation this week, so I hope to get all my orders completed and mailed out to my friends, so they have time to mail them off.

I appreciate your visit today.  Whatever you are up to today, have a great one!

Pauline


4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

They are stunning Pauline... always so perfectly created. Enjoy your time off and stay well... I'm guessing it's getting cold where you are now so stay warm and safe... hugs

Leslie Miller said...

Pauline, your cards just blow me away with their beauty! So delicate and ethereal. Your execution couldn't be more perfect. I miss a lot because I'm not on the computer every day, but I'm sure happy to see you got your hands on this set. It seems just your card making style... polished and feminine. Took my breath away!

DorothyA said...

Lovely backgrounds with those pretty snowflakes!

Stacy Morgan said...

Man I am really behind, so sorry. You have quite the stack of cards going on and these with the embossing are beautiful. I like the snowflakes and the different colors you used.