Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, November 9, 2020

Poinsettia 3D

 Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a good weekend.  I must say it does not feel like November, the temperatures have been in the 60's on thurs and friday, and yesterday, today and tomorrow in the 70's! I'm not complaining but just so unusual!

I have been falling behind in my Christmas card making, and I have a few orders to fill along with some everyday cards such as birthday, sympathy, anniversary, and baby cards, so I made myself work on some yesterday.  

This card was so easy to mass produce, I ended up making a total of 9.  All die cuts and some hot glimmer foiling.  The 3D poinsettia die is from Altenew.  Love all the details that is embedded when you die cut, just adds so much detail to the finished product.  The decorative border is by Papertrey Ink ( Ink to Paper) - Joy Frame die.

 One all the layers of the poinsettia were cut out - I used 100lb white cougar c/s, I added the following:

Sponged distress antique linen, then spritzed with Medieval Gold from Lindy's. I also added some gold splatters using the Brilliant Gold from my US Art Quest pearlescent and metallic tray. This set is about 10 years old, never goes bad, just spritz with water to activate. Used gold foiling for the sentiment.

 


 For this one I sponged distress victorian velvet and twisted citron, spritzed with the same gold, and used Rose gold for the foiling.



 I tried to get a close up of the gold spray, hope you can see it.  In real these are just beautiful, the spray shimmers perfectly.

 

 
 
For the blue one I used some Prima watercolour paper, and spritzed distress oxide inks in pistachio,  blueprint sketch and tumbled glass.  Once it was dry, I cut out the poinsettia, then splattered some Misty Lavender pearlescent from the same US Art quest tray.  Skybright foil was used on the sentiment.  When I made the second blue one, I did spray the poinsettia with some clear shimmer spray, but this one I left as is.


 

 This last one I sponged distress candied apples and scattered straw.  Sentiment was foiled in Red.


 Well, that's it for me for today.  I hope you enjoyed the variety of colourful poinsettias. Do you have a favourite?

Wishing you a wonderful day,

 Pauline

 

 

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Are you kidding? A favorite? How about 1, 2, 3, and 4? So gorgeous! I love the gold on the first, the soft pink and green with shimmer on the second, shades of blue and beautiful sentiment on the third, and finally, the color and shading on the fourth. You also turned the flower a different way on that one. The foiling looks amazing. I have not a clue how to do foiling, but I'm loving how these turned out. Beautiful die frame, too. You always have such beautiful and interesting things in your collection. And you made nine of them! Great progress!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my... They are so beautiful!! I love them all! If I had to pick it would be the last one but honestly? They are all so gorgeous and so classy! Glad to hear all is well with you... It's been quite mild here the last few days too though it's dull... and we are in lockdown... and I'm fed up with it... and I want my old life back haha! Take care and enjoy your day... Hugs

Christine Okken said...

Wow these are dreamy looking!

Christine

Stacy Morgan said...

Love love love... these are fantastic! I like the blue the most of course. How totally cool all layered. BEAUTIFUL!