Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, November 16, 2020

Heartfelt Sympathy

Hello everyone,  Just a quick short post today.

Today's card was inspired by a card that Leslie made a while back.  I was asked by a friend for a couple of sympathy cards.  Since I already had the flower done a few weeks back,  I decided to use Leslie's idea for mine.



Stamp and die set by Altenew - Positive Vibe, and the inks were all by Altenew as well.

My embossed border along the left side was done using a border die from Creative Expressions  - Frames & Tags - Stella's Border.

Added a few mini pearls and Nuvo Glitter gloss on the flowers.

I am off today, so I decided to put up my Christmas Tree this morning.  So pretty, my colour theme is gold, copper and clear.

Well, I think I will work on some more cards this afternoon!

Have a wonderful day, and thanks again for stopping by.

My new picture in the banner - this is a yellow-rumped warbler taken in my backyard a couple of weeks ago.  With the weather still warm at that time (which is very unusual for end of Oct) this little guy was hanging around. He was very co-operative as I took his picture.

Pauline







4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Pauline! I just love your yellow flowers [beautifully, perfectly layer-stamped] - AND that little Yellow-Rumped Warbler!
We actually had one last Sunday - really late, wasn't he? Had very blustery winds, so I wondered if he got blown off course!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Your flowers are so delicate and beautiful, Pauline. A nice size for your card. Yellow and white is one of my favorite combos (our house color). It can be cheerful or, as in this case, soothing. I always meant to do the embossing with dies again. If you have a die that doesn't cut well, this is a great way to still use it. It's lovely to think my card gave you an idea. Also, it coordinates beautifully with your Yellow Rumped Warbler. He's so cute! I've been seeing a lot of birds, but none very colorful or unusual. A conifer forest doesn't attract nearly as many birds as deciduous, but we do have more than usual this time of year.

Ros Crawford said...

It's so beautiful Pauline... I love the beautiful stamp and the colour is just wonderful, your friend must be thrilled. Beautiful bird too! Stay safe

Stacy Morgan said...

Pauline this is so soothing and pretty. I need to make a few of these as of late and have no idea what to do. I might use this as inspiration. This is so pretty.