Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, October 26, 2020

Christmas baubles

 I hope everyone had a good weekend.  I think we have seen the last of our nice fall weather.  Friday it was close to 70F and yesterday it only reached 45F but felt like 39F with the wind.  Clocks go back an hour this coming weekend, which means shorter daylight days.  

About a month or so ago, I happened to come across a beautiful card, I believe it was on You Tube.  Once I watched the video I knew I needed the stencil.  So I order it and it came about 2 weeks later.

The stencil is from Sweet Poppy Stamps in the UK.  These are not your typical plastic stencils, these are steel, and the edges are sharp, so you have to be very careful when cleaning them as to not slice your fingers. I've made 6 of these so far, 2 of each of the designs below.

Distress Oxide inks were used for all 3.

My first card I used victorian velvet and aged mahogany.  Using a large round ink blending tool, lightly sponge on the ink through the stencil.  I then took the small poinsettia from Stampers Anonymous - Winter watercolour #CMS354" and stamp it using the aged mahogany ink.  The little sprays coming from the poinsettia I stamped in the same ink but stamped off once.  Sentiment was stamped in black versafine and is from Stampers Anonymous Deco Christmas CMS176. I added some TH distress glitter to the poinsettia and a gold rhinestone in the center.



Card below was sponged with iced spruce and wild honey.  Image I used is from Stampers Anonymous Holidays Drawings CMS284.  I added glitter to the snowy roof top and some along the ground.


My last card is using the same inks as the first, victorian velvet and aged mahogany.  The cardinal image is from a set from Flourishes and sentiment is from the same set. Glitter was added to the branches and berries.


All card fronts where adhered to a 5.5 x 4.25 card base. 

I would like to try making some and masking off the entire card except for the bauble part and spray with a fine glitter spray, for lots of shimmer.  

So glad you stopped by today.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

3 comments:

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

These are amazing, so much can be done with that stencil. Debbie x

Leslie Miller said...

Have mercy, these are all gorgeous! The colors are so soft and lovely and perfect with your stamped images. So nice that they're relatively quick and easy cards, too. These get a huge WOW from me. OMGosh, I'm in awe!

Ros Crawford said...

Well you really did that stencil justice... I've seen quite a few of these cards but your are so soft and so delicate... I love them all!
It's not very warm here, the cats and I are tucked up in my craft room but I'm not sure if we will get anything done though. I'm so glad you like the video, I may post some more. Have a lovely day, be safe be well