Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, October 12, 2020

Nature's Decor - A Trio

 Good morning everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian followers.  Celebrating Thanksgiving is very different this year as all the other holidays since Covid. We will not be getting together as a family, as most years my sister holds it at her house and we all bring a dish and spend the day there. Today is also our sons Mark's Birthday - the big 36! I can still remember when he was a baby, sometimes seems like yesterday, boy the years sure go by don't they!

Today's card is a set of 3.  Same image, I just changed up the dp and sentiment. A great card to mass produce!

Stamp is from Penny Black - Nature's Decor #30-608.  I stamped the image using black versafine, then added colour using copics.  I then embossed the bow in gold and silver and the last one.  Sentiments are stamped in black versafine as well.



Images were all cut using MFT - cross stitched rectangle die.  I then layered the image onto some gold or silver mirror c/s.




For the dp I used scraps from my scrap bin.  I also added some peel off's top and bottom of the dp piece before adhering to the card front. I added some fun foam behind the top layer for added dimension.





Must have glitter on Christmas cards, so I pulled out my bucket of Art Institute glitter, and add red to the first two cards and a bluish glitter to the last one.

So there you have it, 3 fairly quick Christmas cards.

I appreciate you stopping by today, I hope I have inspired you in some way.

I'm off until Oct 21, taking some much needed vacation days.  No plans, lots to do around the house, and hoping to squeeze in a card or two!  Take care everyone, hugs,

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You have such an eye for picking out the most beautiful stamps! I'm in love with this one and how you've designed your cards. Two with the warmth of gold and one all silvery cool -- gorgeous! I'm happy to hear you have a nice bit of time off. It sounds wonderful and I know you'll enjoy it. Sorry about Thanksgiving being so quiet this year. COVID has thrown a monkey wrench into all our plans, but I'm glad you're playing it safe. Happy birthday to your son! Ours is 45 now and I really cannot believe it!

Ros Crawford said...

Your cards are stunning!! I LOVE them and even though the stamp is the same, they all look so different. Happy birthday to your son... Mine will be 38 at the end of this year... Oh I miss my baby yet can't believe how fast the years have gone. Thankfully he lives with us so I can see him anytime. Happy Thanksgiving.. Be safe be happy. Hugs!