Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, September 28, 2020

Winter Landscapes

 Hello friends, hope you all had a great weekend! This weekend was beautiful weather wise.  Mid 70's lots of sun and warmth and very breezy on Sunday.  Today looks like the last day of this warmer weather as tomorrow for the 2 weeks temperatures in the upper 60's.  But then again it is fall!

Sorry I never posted in a while, last week was just crazy busy at work since I had Monday and Tuesday off, trying to play catch up the rest of the week.  I'm still working on my Christmas card stash, so today I'm back to share a couple more with you.

I'm using Memory Box Single Pine Landscape Frame. Love making these types of cards the die cut does it all for you.  Just a little bit of ink blending, stenciling, embossing and a sentiment!

Both cards were done the same I just changed the oxide inks I used for the background.

Oxide inks used for this one:  Speckled egg, Stormy Sky and a bit of Blue Print Sketch. A light blend of each, the used the snowflake stencil from The Greetery and applied Stormy Sky through the stencil.

I embossed the card base using a snowflake embossing folder.

I cut two frames and glued together for some stability, then stamped the sentiment.  I then put this piece into my splatter box and sprayed it with Imagine Sheer Shimmer craft spray Sparkle, and boy is it sparkly.  I tried to get a picture of it, but my camera just wouldn't pick it up, but it's there.




Second card done same way except I used these oxide inks: speckled egg and tumbled glass.



I plan on making more of these, some with a winter pinkish sky, some with a bit of yellow.  These do work up fast once you get going on them.

So happy you stopped by today.  Keep well, enjoy your day!

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

These are so incredibly beautiful, Pauline! I love this type of card, too. Just a little sponging and a whole lot of white. When you have such a lovely die and the snowflakes-embossed card base it's quite a sight to behold. Love how you've placed the sentiment, too. I can imagine these in all different colors. Very fun to make and gorgeous to look at. Have a good week, and I hope work isn't too hard on you.

Ros Crawford said...

They are stunning! I love them, the colours the framing, everything! So elegant. I've not been too well so I'm sorry my visit is late. Have a beautiful week... We've had a lot of rain!