Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Wintery scene

 I hope everyone had a nice long weekend!  I ended up having Friday off as well as yesterday, so it was a nice long weekend for me.  Weather was good for the most part, much cooler temperatures.  We did some bird photography, as fall migration is underway.  Did some yard work as you know weeding never stops, and even made a couple of cards yesterday.

Although I'm in need of birthday cards, I still am trying to focus on Christmas as well.  I need to start stock piling, as I always get a few standing orders from friends, so it would be nice this year to be a bit ahead of the game.

Today's card is using stamps and dies from The Greetery.  Now I've had this set almost a year now and just getting around to using it, isn't that awful?  The sets I used are: Christmas Eve &  Fir & Foliage No 2,   and the stencils are Frosty Flakes & Pathway.



All the inks I used are distress oxide ins.  I stamped the church - which is a multi stamp set, then cut it out with the matching die.  There is some trees that come with this set, so I stamped one of them off to the right, the other two I had stamped and die cut a while ago, so used a few of them in behind the church.  One I had everything in place where I wanted it, I used my pathway stencil (again this is a 2-step design if you want it to be), and created my path.  I then added the cobblestone stencil over top of my lightly sponged pathway and sponged in the cobblestones. I then dusted the sky with a light blue ink then used the frosty flakes stencil to add some snowflakes.  There is also a die to cut out the windows of the church if you desired, but I just left it as is.

I used one of the sentiments that come with the Christmas Eve set and stamped using black versafine

To finish off I used my quickie glue pen and TH distress rock glitter for some sparkle.

I'm so glad you stopped by today.  Have a wonderful day, 

Pauline


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I don't know how you manage to get all your Christmas cards done for your friends as well as yourself, and you do such a beautiful job on them. Case in point, this card is gorgeous! Such an eye you have for beautiful stamps and dies. You know how to use them, too. I'm glad you had such a well-rounded few days off. Crazy here with smoke and ash. Gave me a bad headache yesterday. Everything is burning up!