Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, September 4, 2020

Slim line Happy Birthday

 Well, I'm down to may last card that I haven't shared with you yet.  I guess I better get busy making cards this weekend. 

The big rage right now is slim line cards, so I decided to make one.  I had lots of leftover Pinwheels I decided they would work well on this type of card.  The pinwheels stamps and die cuts are by The Greetery.

 


 Once I had an idea of how I wanted them laid out on the card, I used distress oxide inks in the same colour family and sponged lightly onto some white c/s.  Spritzed the background with Sheer shimmer craft spray- love the shimmer.

I adhered the pinwheels across the card some flat some popped up, then stamped my sentiment using black versafine ink.

Added some sequins and stars to finish this off.

 I'm off till Tuesday, looking forward to a nice long weekend.  Hoping to get out and do some bird photography as fall migration has started.  Bill and I went out last Sunday morning and saw quite a few.  Haven't had a chance to work on any pictures yet, but when I do I will share.

Enjoy your weekend, keep well, hugs,

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You're so right about how these pinwheels lend themselves to a slimline card. It looks fantastic! Ohhhh, the colors -- so yummy and sweet. Love the blended background. Thinking I need some of that shimmer spray. You know, I never would have thought these pinwheels would make such beautiful cards, but I've absolutely loved the ones you've made. I really hope you're having a good time on your days off. Enjoy the birds and share your amazing photos when you can!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful!! I just love how you blended all those pretty colours together to create an amazing card! Enjoy your long weekend!