Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Purple Iris


So excited for today!  After our company Christmas lunch, I am officially on vacation until Jan 6, 2020!! Just over 3 weeks off, can't wait.

Today's card is one I made for one of my orders.  I was going through my bucket of partial made cards, and came across this image already water coloured some time ago.  I wasn't fond of it after I coloured it, so just tossed it into my bucket.

I was running out of time to get this order completed, so when I came across this I knew I needed to make this work somehow.  Not sure why I didn't like it before, but it seem to pass the test once I had it completed.


This is a Penny Black image, which was gold embossed onto some Canson watercolour paper.  I used my Zigs to colour.

I added some gold mirri paper at the top and bottom corner to accent the gold in the image.  I added this to a purple card base, added some pearls to finish off.  I also embossed a gold sentiment towards the bottom.

I hope you are having a great day!

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, I'm soooo excited for you! I remember that feeling and now that I'm retired I never fail to appreciate it. Your time off is going to be wonderful! Now, Pauline... I can't imagine why you didn't like this image the first time around. It's gorgeous and beautifully colored! Stunning, really. I'm so glad you shared it. I love making Christmas cards, but I'll be so glad to move on after I make 8 more cards.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Oh that gold embossing is fantastic and the watercolor. I am working on bettering myself, this is awesome. Retirement??? Oh how exciting. More time to play. Congrats!

Stacy Morgan said...

Wait I read retirement and thought what... vacation you mean. All the same time to play. hee hee

Ros Crawford said...

Sheer perfection! I love the background for your gorgeous iris too. Thank you for your email... I'll catch up soon.