Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, December 16, 2019

Peace, Prayers & Blessings

I hope you all had a good weekend.  Yesterday, Bill and I celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary - boy how the years sure fly! 

I mentioned a few weeks ago that one of my card orders consisted of sympathy cards.  Today I have 2 more to share with you.

My first card is using Alexandra Renke papers and washi tape.  I cut one of the birds using a circle die, then layered this onto another piece of white cardstock cut using Altenew Fine Frames Circle Dies. I like that this die allows the circles to stay together, or you can peel them apart and use them separately.

I also cut an Aliexpress floral die to lay behind the raised circle. I embossed the sentiment (PTI) using PSX detail platinum.




For my second card, I had some paper already made a while ago using Magenta Nuance powders. Every now and again I just decide to play and create different colour combo backgrounds to use at a later time.

I pulled out Simon Says Circle of Leaves die and cut this from white c/s.  I also added some washi tape (Aliexpress) along the bottom, then adhered my front panel to the coloured background. Sentiment is from PTI as well.  I added a couple of pieces of silver peel offs below and above the sentiment.  Pearls were added on the base of 3 leaves.



I hope I was able to inspire you today.  Thanks so much for visiting.  Have a happy day!

Pauline

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Two absolutely beautiful cards, Pauline! Soft, soothing, sweet colors and dies and that precious bird. I love your background on the second card. My plan today was to sit and make backgrounds. So far I haven't managed to get in there. Best laid plans and all. I like how you used the peel offs to edge the sentiment strip on the second card. Gorgeous Washi tape on both. What a treat today. Thank you!