Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Happy moments

June is a very busy month in our family as far as birthdays. Last weekend we celebrated at my sister's place the June 'guy' birthdays (4 of them) and fathers day.

This is one of the cards I made, this one went to my Brother Steve.



I started out with some Penny Black Script foil paper and stamped a Magenta leaf branch (sorry no name on the package) using Archival ink - potting soil.  I then added a couple of strips of washi tape (Tim Holtz Ideo-ology tape) along the bottom, then adhered this to some dark brown c/s.

For the copper background, I used some copper shimmer c/s and Creative Expressions Diamond Illusions embossing folder.

The sentiment is from Penny Black - Smile Today set - stamped onto some cream c/s, cut using Spellbinders Hexagon die and then I sponged (using my brushes, similar to Picket Fence life changing brushes - bought mine from Aliexpress - and I love them, they blend so perfectly) potting soil ink around the edges, adhered to brown c/s and then added some diamond copper brads. I added some craft foam behind the sentiment for some dimension, and ran a piece of ribbon behind.

I ended up making 2 of these cards, one for my stash.

Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

Pauline


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is definitely worth having a spare in your stash! It's gorgeous! I was just saying to someone how much I love brown. I know, sounds like an odd color to love, but I do. You made this masculine card as artfully as you make any of your feminine cards. In fact, you always make the best masculine cards. I can think of one in particular that's always stuck with me. I believe I pinned it and, frankly, I rarely remember to pin. I'm going to pin this one right now... if my laptop will let me. It has some quirks. That's what I get for going cheap.

Leslie Miller said...

Nope, it wouldn't let me pin. Maybe later on my desk top. BTW, love my blending brushes, too. They do such a flawless, gentle job of it. Also, love the embossed copper background.

Ros Crawford said...

It's terrific! I love how you stamped on the paper and added the washi tape. Great sentiment too! Have a lovely day my friend!

Ahmad Muchlis said...

Thanks, From seller Lemari Pakaian Minimalis