Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Cardinal #3

I hope you are not bored with me sharing another Cardinal card.  My co-worker is using my cardinal cards to send to those who have lost a loved one.  I told her a few months ago about what they say about cardinals - When one shows up in your yard, it is a sign of a 'loved' one looking down on you, and she fell in love with this idea.


Not a whole lot of explaining on this one - digital image resized and printed then coloured using copics.
I cut the cardinal using a Spellbinder circle die, then layered this onto another white layer cut using spellbinder scallop die.  The bottom white layer is a die cut using Papertrey Ink - Shape shifters circle #4.

Paper is from Memory Box, sorry don't know the exact collection these are from. I added a piece of gold washi tape along the bottom edge of the red, added some white silk ribbon, and two gold skeleton leaves.

To finish off I added a small little sequin flower to the center of the bow, pearls around the outside edge of the white and glitter to the flowers.

Next time I have to make a cardinal card, I'm going to try going 'outside the box' and colour the cherry blossoms another colour other than pink.

Well that's it for me today. Wishing you a happy day!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

That's a beautiful thought about the Cardinal. A beautiful bird, beautiful card. Love the layering of dies and the pretty paper and the gorgeous leaf accent. Now I feel all kind of choked up since you said that about the sign of the Cardinal. I'm such a mush ball. I'm certainly not bored with this bird!

Pam Sparks said...

WOW! So pretty Pauline! Beautiful coloring and so pretty with that die!