Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, June 24, 2019

Dreams of Love

Hello everyone.  I hope you had a great weekend.  No complaints from me, the weather was absolutely fabulous, lots of sunshine and no humidity. Managed to get some yard work done (weeding) and just enjoy the outdoors.

Last week I was playing around with some new Penny Black stamps.  This one is called Dreams of Love and I also purchased the matching die.  I don't always by the die, but did this time around. Sometimes it just makes life easier.



I placed the stamp and Strathmore Mixed Media vellum surface paper in my Misti..  I used several distress inks to colour this. Once done, I used the matching die to cut it out.

Designer paper is by Glitz - french kiss -(this paper pack is very old).  I used a die from Aliexpress for the white layer, then sponged some distress ink for a bit of shading.

To finish off I added a little tag (spellbinders), and stamped 'for you' from Simon Says Stamps - tiny words. The sentiment actually says 'just for you' I just masked off the 'just'. I then added a little wooded butterfly, which I sponged on some distress oxide ink and then used my wink of stella clear pen for a bit of shimmer.
I added some Tim Holtz distress clear rock candy glitter to the center of the flower, a couple of rhinestones and a pearl.

The flower really isn't that dark, it's much softer.  The camera picked it this way and I had a hard time trying to adjust the colour to make it look like the actual image.

Well that's it for me for today, wishing you a fabulous day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's a big flower and it's gorgeous! Beautiful paper you used with it. I love the muted colors for a background, but just a hint of the flower color in the paper. So pretty! Very cute how you hung the little tag, too. All these little things make a big difference. Sometimes the pictures can be so frustrating. I frequently spend more time trying to get a decent picture than I spend creating the card. Just so you know... it looks fabulous from where I sit!

Ros Crawford said...

Well it's rain and more rain here! Fabulous card Pauline and so beautifully done!

Tracy said...

So lovely. I love the softness the no line stamping adds. Hope all is well with you.