Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Theories #1

Hello all.  Does everyone struggle with masculine cards as I do?  I recently purchased as Tim Holtz - Theories stamp set from Simon Says Stamps when they had a sale, with masculine cards in mind.  I wanted to use my distress oxide inks so this stamp set was perfect for stamping over the background.



I started by applying my distress oxide inks to my glass mat, spritz with water then tapped my water colour paper into it, heat set it and repeated until I was happy.  Once it was completely dry it was a bit darker than what I had anticipated, but went with it anyway.  I stamped one of the images form the stamp set, using my Misti as I knew I would probably have to stamp it a few times to get a nice dark impression.  I used black archival ink for this.

I cut the image out using MFT wonky stitched rectangle, then used another die I purchased from Aliexpress (the rust colour paper in behind). I stamped Happy birthday (Simon Says Stamps) onto a piece of the rust paper and then used a stitched banner to cut it out -(also Simon Says).  The blue paper in the background is from Basic Grey, just some scraps I had in my basket, sponged some distress oxide vintage photo around the edges, then distressed them. Layered all this onto SU Not Quite Navy.

To finish off I added a couple of small enamel dots and a copper dot. Just finishing up another masculine card from the same set.  There are 4 images so my goal is to make a card using each.

Thanks for stopping by, have yourself a fabulous day!

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, I struggle! Unless I can make something cute and funny I'm pretty much at a loss. This stamp works perfectly for when you don't want cute or funny. Interesting look to it, especially with all the scribbles, and nice that it's large enough to make the whole card. You did great things with the oxide ink background and the die cuts. Oh, I like the tears in the paper, too, and Not Quite Navy is one of my favorites among the darker blues. Great guy inspiration here, Pauline, and I need all I can get!

Ros Crawford said...

Well you did an amazing job... It's fabulous Pauline! What I struggle with most are cards for teenage boys! My great nephew will be 15 soon ... That's a headache!