Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Spring Cardinal

Hi there! You know how much I love birds and nature in general, well my co-worker asked for a special Mother's Day card for her Mom.  She asked if I could do something with a Cardinal on it.  Of course I can - right? Card makers can do anything! LOL.  So I was on the hunt for a cardinal image.  I have a few but they are Christmas/winter images and didn't think that would go so well for Mother's Day in May!

So, I did a search on Pinterest, looking for digital cardinal images and came across one that thought might work.  I resized it and then scaled down the darkness of black to light grey, printed it off and went with it.


I coloured the image using copic markers, and added some shading doing the pointillism technique.
From there I did some die cutting for the layers.  Designer paper is from Memory Box.

Finished off with some silk ribbon and double bow. pearls, Tim Holtz rock glitter, and a flower from Wild Orchid flowers. I was thrilled on how this one turned out!

Yesterday, we had the most beautiful day - it was 23C (almost 70F).  Today calling for some rain, and snow rain mix for tomorrow.  Winter just doesn't want to leave!

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by for a visit today!

Pauline

Supplies:
Image - digital off of Pinterest
Ink - copics - cardinal - R24, R27, R29, R59, beak- YR22, YR24, branch - E49, feet - YR24, flowrs - R000, R02, R05, YG13, YG45, G28, Y38, dots for shading - R01, G00, BG000, Y23
Paper - Memory Box, white, bazzill - quartz
Dies - MFT stitched scallop circle, Spellbinders circle, Joy craft - Square frame
Misc - pearls, silk ribbon, tim holtz rock glitter, quickie glue pen, wild orchid flower

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

You coloured that beautifully Pauline! What a gorgeous card for your friend and I'm sure she will really appreciate your talent. I can't believe the mix of weather you are having... The climate has gone mad! Have a great day!

Leslie Miller said...

This gobsmacked me, Pauline! I was eager to read what the stamp is and lo and behold it's a freebie! Amazing what you can find on Pinterest. Love this gorgeous Cardinal on the flowering branch. Funny how Cardinals are almost always considered for winter and Christmas, as if they don't exist in other seasons. It's such a beautiful card. I love the ribbon with flower, and the Joy Craft die is one of my all-time favorites. We're in a rainy spell here. Flooding, mudslides, the works. We live on a hill, so no worries for us. I'm really craving sunshine for more than a day or two at a time.

Tracy said...

So beautiful. I think the wash color background paper really brings out the red of the cardinal. I like his pretty flower spray too.