Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, April 29, 2019

Birthday Greetings


Hello and happy Monday to all! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  It was sunny here for a change but cold north winds.  I was still wearing my winter jacket in the mornings as I was outside working in the gardens.

Today's card is one that I made for my card order for my friend.  I'm using Reverse Confetti Tall Blooms.



I started by embossing with white ep on some canson watercolour paper.  I then coloured the blooms using my Zigs.  I then cut them out by hand as I do not have the matching dies.

I also cut two different size tags from the Memory Box Pinpoint Mainstreet Tags - one from vellum and one from white c/s.  I smooshed some distress oxide inks onto my craft mat, spritz water and then tapped my paper in it. (sorry never wrote the colours down I used).

I used the greeting from the stamp set and stamped it onto some white c/s using Archival ink - vibrant fuchsia, then cut it out using the Simon Says stitched banner.  To make the flag banner at both ends, once I cut it the first time, I then removed the die, turned it around and placed the die close to the end of the sentiment - the stitching will line up from the precut stitching to the die, and then I ran it through again. If you don't have a die that fits your sentiments perfecting, this is a work-a-round, I do it all the time.

I adhered the flowers to the tag, then added some foam tape behind the sentiment for some dimension.  I made a double fushia bow from silk ribbon and adhered it to the top of the tags. The yellow gingham paper is some I had in my scrap basket.  I think it might be from Yellow Bicycle.

To finish off I added some clear sequins.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping in today.

Pauline

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, what a gorgeous card! I love the flowers and how you've arranged a beautifully colored bouquet! Such a great layout with the tag, and I love the vellum behind it too. Sweet gingham, and your bow is exquisite! Oh my, you should do a video of how you do those -- especially this double one! I LOVE it! Hugs and love! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, pretty, Pauline! I'm always excited when I open up my Feedly and there you are. It's so fun to see the stamps you use and how you design your cards. I love the white embossing and watercolors and the vellum tag behind the smooshed tag. Also love the fuchsia sentiment and how you crafted the double ended flag. Definitely putting that on my to do list. The bow is really pretty on this, too, and, oh, the gingham. Even better that it's yellow, which is a nice color to back up the flowers. So, as you can see, there's a lot for me to love about this card and I'll bet your friend loved it, too!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so pretty Pauline... Gorgeous colours and beautifully layered! PS... the minerals you suggested are really helping!