Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, April 15, 2019

Simplest of Gifts

Well here we are in the middle of April, one would think we would be seeing some warmer temperatures and sunshine, well we've had nothing but cold temperatures and lots of rainy days. Looks like another week coming up of rain every day, very little sunshine this week. It's not blustery cold by any means although we woke up to some freezing rain/snow mix yesterday morning, and it's still cold enough to have the heat on.

Rather than share a pretty flowery card I decided to share my first Christmas card of 2019!! This is a digital image from Sassy Cheryl's called Simplest of Gifts, and you can find it here.




I pulled out my polychromos pencils to colour this one. Once coloured I sponged some SU lost lagoon ink around the edges. I then  trimmed it down to fit behind my frame. 

I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto some lost lagoon cardstock with white embossing powder.  Snowflakes were also cut from lost lagoon and some bazzill quartz c/s.

I added some foam tape behind the frame and popped this over my image.  Snowflakes were added on top and under the frame.  The sentiment was trimmed and added some foam tape to that as well on one end and adhesive on the other.  Twinklets diamond dust & Tim Holtz rock glitter were added to the ground area, and pearls to the centers of the snowflakes.

I'll list the supplies below.  Thanks for your visit today. Have yourself a fabulous day!

Pauline

Supplies:
Stamp - Sassy Cheryl's - digital Simplest of Gifts, Simon Says Stamps - tiny words christmas
Ink - versamark, polychromos pencils & gamsol, SU lost lagoon
Paper - Simple Stories - winter wonderland, white, SU lost lagoon
Dies - MFT - stitched rectangle frame, IO snowflake die
Misc - pearls, twinklets diamond dust, TH distress rock glitter, white ep, foam tape




3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You made a Christmas card! Yay, Pauline! And such a dear, sweet one it is. The little girl is rather raggedy, herself, and yet she's sharing what she has. Any scrap of kindness is heartwarming these days. It's so pretty with these non-traditional colors, the plaid, and the coordinating snowflakes. Love the frame. Very, very pretty and I'm thrilled to see anyone making Christmas cards, which I spent all yesterday afternoon doing. I feel like less of an oddball now. Still raining here. Had enough of a break to plant the impatiens and wax begonias I bought a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I'm being impatient, but seems like we should be having better weather by now. Last year we went camping in April!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous color combo and I really REALLY like that die cut frame. The snowflakes a pretty little accents and you used just the right amount of Twinklets for some glittery snow.

Margot Gustaedt said...

This is great