Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, April 19, 2019

Lily of the Valley

Well, hello everyone! Today's card I made with Easter in mind, as well as I made a few of these for Mother's day and birthdays.  I ended up making 3 of these and boy were they easy.  I love dies when  they do most of the work for you.

I'm using Memory Box "Lilly of the Valley Frame" for my card. I started by die cutting it from white cougar 100 lb c/s. There are 2 pieces to this die, the outside square frame and the lily circle.



I coloured the lily with copic markers, a few shades of green and a few shades of the lilac. I also sponged some distress oxide ink onto a piece of white c/s to put behind the lily's. I used spellbinders circle die to cut out the distress background to adhere behind the lily frame.

I find lilac/mauve/purple designer papers hard to match up with inks, but I found some MFT papers from the Tranquil textures paper pack that seems to match quite well with the mauve c/s and the lily's. I added some silk ribbon to cover the transition between c/s and deisnger paper, then added a small bow on the side.

For finishing touches I used my clear wink of stella pen for the lily's, clear sequins and some pearls for the corners of the square frame.

I'm off for 4 days, but it doesn't look too promising for Bill and I to get out for some spring migration birding.  It's been raining since last night and rain today and tomorrow and Monday, so looks like our only good day will be Easter Sunday.  On the bright side, maybe I'll be able to create a few more cards this weekend.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend everyone! Wishing your a wonderful day!

Pauline


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Pauline, this is so delicately beautiful, sweet and feminine! Perfect for Easter or Mother's Day or absolutely any day of the year. Your inky background is just dreamy and you surely did match up all your colors perfectly. You always do such a good job of that, whether matching or coordinating. I love the paper. I love it ALL! Enjoy your 4 days, however you spend them. At least I'm no longer concerned about outside Easter egg hunts. It's raining again here.