Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sneak Peak

How was everyone's weekend? No complaints from me - the weather was fantastic - summer like temps and lots of sun.  Managed to work in my gardens - cleaning up all the dead stuff from the fall.  I can't believe how everything is starting to bud.

As promised I'm here with a sneak peak for Emily's GINORMOUS release this week. Have you seen some of the sneak peaks over on Bloggabella? If not, you must check them out. Emily sent me this cute image to colour up, not 100% sure of her name, but let's call her Fixer girl. I'm pretty sure this is a Mo image in rubber.

When I saw the image I was to work with, I knew right away I wanted to use some of the wood grain papers from MME.  I coloured her with Copics and shaded with pencils.  I loved the way Paula used black c/s for her layering - (see this post)- it just makes her card pop - so I had to give it a try.  Years ago I used to layer everything using black c/s - now I hardly ever do that. I computer generated the sentiment. The green strip border is an MFT punch.  Paper is MME - On the bright side - One.  Finished off with stitching and some antique gold nail heads.

Not sure who else is posting today so best check them all out, you don't want to miss anything!

Thanks for stopping by, till next time....

6 comments:

LindaH said...

You ROCKED this one! Soooooo cute! You'll have to wait till later for mine....up late last night making birthday cards for my folks.

Dana White said...

Oh Pauline she is awesome! The paper, the colouring all is perfection!

Leslie said...

Wowzer she's awesome! LOVE the dark blue and pop of red on her toolbox! Fantastic shading AGAIN!!!

Crafty Cath said...

It's my twin...I loved the detail of these images! Too funny that we picked the same colors and had the same idea for the wood grain dp! We've often thought alike! Your card is super fantastic! And you're right, the black matting often gives images more pop.

Leslie Miller said...

My weekend was not as awesome as yours. It was pouring down rain. This card is super duper cute! Image, colors, papers, your incredible coloring with the pencils -- all a big WOW and so fun to look at!

paula tracy williamson said...

First I see Cath's boy and now your girl! She is amazing Pauline, and she is colored and shaded perfectly. I love her deep blue overalls!