Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, March 5, 2012

Big girl pants

How was everyone's weekend? We has some wicked weather here Friday and Saturday.  Very strong winds, with gusts up to 90km, rain and even some snow flurries.  The winds have died down tremendously today and even saw a bit of sunshine.

Today, I'm using a Mo image that I have had for a while.  This is called - Big girl pants by Mo Manning in rubber through Stamping Bella.


Well you know the routine, I stamped her on bella's bestest paper using black memento, and coloured her with copics and shaded around her with pencils and gamsol. I also sponged some versamagic sea breeze around the image.  I had a lot of turquoise papers but nothing seem to match the right tones of her t-shirt so I made my own paper.  I cut a piece of white slightly larger than my image piece, then took my BG11 copic maker and coloured about 1/4" around the outside edge, and voila, there you have it -  matching paper! DP is by Basic Grey - Curio collection. I used an EK Success scallop border punch and a Marianne die.  Image was popped up onto the front of card, stamped the sentiment which comes with this stamp using black versafine, trimmed it up and then adhered to card.  Finished off with some stitching, ribbon/cording, and some rhinestones.

We have a sketch challenge this friday, hope you can play along.  All you have to do is use a Stamping Bella image, then email your card to Emily by thursday evening or you can post on SCS using the keyword BELLARIFFIC0912. You can see the sketch layout on my post below.

Have a good Monday and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

Absolutely love this one!

Dana White said...

Oh she is sweet Pauline! Saw that you had snow/rain this weekend - we are getting a little taste of winter the next couple of days!

Leslie Miller said...

We had a beautiful weekend -- warm and sunny -- and now we're right back to cold and rainy again. I'm so ready for spring. Your card is like a breath of spring with those pretty papers and colors. Your Copic coloring rocks, and great idea to color the paper edge to match. Fabulous sentiment for the image. It's all so cute!

Leslie said...

Adorable! Love your soft blue shading around it - I really need to practice that - mine never looks as nice! :)